I am a research fellow at the Machine Intelligence Research Institute.
I recently finished my Master's degree in Computer Science at Stanford. I like programming and writing stuff. Some of it can be found here.
My interests include:
- The theory of creating artificial intelligence that is aligned with human values. This is the main thing I am researching at the moment.
- Probabilistic programming (with languages like Church).
- Programming language design, functional programming, type theory, Haskell, etc.
- Probabilistic models of cognition, which often use probabilistic programs.
- Game theory, especially mechanism design and voting theory.
You can contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.